The Guthrie School is seeking teachers for its after-school program, Guthrie Extend. This is a part-time position. Hours are Monday through Friday, 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- High school diploma is required. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Safety Management, Creativity, Dependable, Flexibility, Motivating Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Self-Motivated, Positive Attitude/Demeanor
- Previous childcare and/or teaching experience is required.
- Stimulate emotional, intellectual, and social growth of children by developing and directing educational programs and activities tailored to assigned class.
- Help the children with their homework, interact with children, prepare and organize group games, arts and crafts activities, play outdoor and indoor games, etc.
- Must supervise children at all times, be organized, and implement age appropriate activities.
- Provide safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities; and removing known safety hazards.
- Encourage development of children’s self-control by utilizing classroom management and modeling techniques.
- Must be available from 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification (prior to employment) and pass an FBI fingerprint background check. Interested, qualified individuals should email their resumes to Lauren Ducharme at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.